View Profile chris-the-stick

968 movie Reviews with Responses

All 2,765 Reviews

wow! cool, swift 2-D/3-D animation, with a nice combination of real video/real recording/stop-motion, and 2-D stick animations!
amazing! how did you added a video footage into a flash movie? (i want to do that as well, in a short movie)

also, the stick figure battle was epic,fast-paced, and interesting.
as for the story/the ending... i did NOT see that coming! :D
it was quite surprising, fresh, and cool.

very good movie, keep up the good work, and do more stuff like this!

MarksMedia responds:

wow thanks so much! I posted this on youtube and it only got 15 views and no likes so I was beginning to doubt my self.. all of the animation was done in after effects using the puppet tool but im sure you could achieve a similar style with real footage using flash if you imported your flash animation into after effects?

wow! what a great 3-D animation!
all of the characters were INCREDIBLY detailed, (from their clothes/the texture of their clothes/of their skin, to their eyes, to their hair, to their teeth... everything was detailed on them), the main characters were really cool, and the whole story was both interesting, with action, AND funny.
i liked the guy with the straw hat( was this a reference to the ''one piece'' manga?), and his peruvian guide with the smartphone, and i laughed alot when i saw that, while the straw hat man was exploring the inner rooms of the temple, the peruvian guide was looking for a date on his smartphone! and the ''dating'' photos were hillarious! XD
as for the ending, it was amazing, and very very awesome.

excellent work on everything, from the texture of the hat, to the details in the characters eyes/in the lighting/shading effects(which are HARD to achieve on 3-D objects+in 3-D animation in general), in the character's face expressions... everything was awesome, while the whole animation was quick, flawless, and very enjoyable.

a perfect 3-D movie/animation.
you should do this professionaly. (if you're not doing this already, in a studio)

keep up the great work, you rock!

ludokiro responds:

Thanks man.

yes this is a reference to one piece we were 3 on this project and each one of us love this manga.

good movie! its nicely drawn, detailed, and with a good animation speed!
marcello's face, (and his face expressions), and the avatars of the various girls on the chatrousex site/the face expressions of the random girl were also good, and pretty detailed as well...

as for the story, it started out as normal, with a good, (sexy?), boring thing, and then, the ending arrived, and... it was pretty dark, pretty dark, my good sir!
nice work, the ending certainly surprised me! :O

also, the fact that the movie had english subtitles was GOOD, and i thank you for that, this was a very good detail.

the only bad thing in this movie, was that it ended too suddenly. i guess thats the meaning of the movie, especially when it has such a dark ending, but still, a nice fade-out sequence and a slightly more obvious credits scene would be a nice touch. (just like mr OnlySlightlySane correctly stated below...)

other than that, its a perfect movie, with great visuals, fluid, flawless animation, and with a nice balance between sex, humour, and darkness.
if we also consider that this was your FIRST animation, then what can i say?
you are superb.

keep making flash movies, you are good!

CyK974 responds:

Man, what CAN I say ?!

Well first, Thank you SO much for you review, it was really detailed and I think that's exactly what we need as newbies ! Also, I'm glad you did enjoy my video :)
Don't ask me where this idea came from, I just don't know... x')

My pleasure, and don't worry : all my following videos will have english subtitles :)
I can't just come in here, throw my video in french and have everyone like 'go on with it', you know ;)

For the ending as I said to OnlySlightlySane, I will take your advices for my upcoming work, for sure gentlemen :) !!
You are right when you say it was the meaning of the movie, but i do admit that's the biggest weak point on this.

Well again, Thank you so much for taking the time writing this review and all you said to me.
It really means a lot to me

Take care, Chris ;D

this was VERY nicely animated, and its a clever visualization of ''music out of guns''
(it truly is an impressive visualization of the perfectly orchestrated ''gun song'' by RefaelBA...)

your movie is GOOD, and its nicely animated.
you've drawn perfect, accurate weapons, with good details, excellent linework, and with a good shading effect on them.
the gun-shots/the 'opposing sides of the shots' effect were clever details, and you've made it look like this whole gun-music is a part of a large war/of a conflict.
that was really cool.

the whole movie was nicely organised, and the final result was awesome.

however, i should mention that the music was originally created by RefaelBA (named ''DJ Bar.- The CS instrumental''), and that the first movie ever to feature this song, was StealthBeast's, (now) classic movie, ''Sounds of CS''. (created in feb. 2006)

ofcourse, the song itself was created on 2002 by the user ''RefaelBA'', who later created an official NG account in early 2007.
(StealthBeast found this song online by accident, and he decided to animate a flash movie in honour of this great gun-song....)
...and he later discovered who created this song, and the 2 artists became friends.
go figure.

this song has alot of history in it...

anyways, you did a cool movie, and it was quite interesting.
keep up the good work.

Dovji responds:

I have credited the original authors.
Thx for letting me know.

awesome music, and incredibly detailed visual effects, that matched with the tones of the music.
perfect work, keep it up!

Chrisso responds:

Glad you enjoyed it! We just released the full album, so check out the full music video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63X1PfVQDu0

short, but nicely animated.

good style, nice drawings without outlines (a unique art style, i might add!), and smooth animation.
the story was obvious: the ''kenny effect''.

i only wish that the next movie of this saga will be longer, and with more scenes/more jokes/with a story...
you make cool stuff, cheers

KINGSIZEanimation responds:

Thanks for your comment! This first series feels like a warming up for me, the first nine episodes are finished, and they are all super short ;) I have more ideas for longer animations, but they require a lot more time, who knows...

hmm, this was a good intro for your first project/first animation.
i liked the photo's from the photobooth idea, and it was clever as an intro for your show, BUT...
the photos were too small, and as a result, this looked like a repetitive scene, making it look (almost) like a spammy loop.

you should make the ''photos'' larger, and the characters should be more defined in each photo. (or just make the ''photos'' larger. that way, we will be able to distinguish each character and scene of the intro's presentation.)

other than that, this was a good idea for an intro, and im sure that your show will be great.

an idea for the first episode would be to invite jerry lewis+jim carrey into your ''show'', and to have them duel with eachother on a comedy-off....

hmm

good stuff

KamimationStudios responds:

Thanks for you option, but the last thing you said about jerry lewis and stuff isn't going to happen sorry. Im basing this off of eddsworld with a gaming twist. the main premace(lure) of my animations is a kid(me) finds a crystal that has the power to take him into games. The kid(me) starts bringing his friends along with him on his wacky and corky adventures thus the eddsworld link.

this was an interesting concept; to have all the museum's exhibits/portraits/statues alive, and showing us their joys, their questions, and their own personal quests.
in this movie, we saw dacius cactus on a quest to say a pick-up line on a beautiful girl.
but alas, he fails! and his friends tricked him into saying that cheesy pick-up line...
everything was doomed from the beginning...

only caesar was forgiving enough to his old compatriot, for he laughed WITH him, and not AT him...
but then... then caesar faced his greatest foe... I CANNOT NAME SUCH A DARK FOE....
for he is truly awful.

but we have seen a great movie, filled with love, conquest, failure and conflict.
what more do you want, dear viewers?

but seriously though:
i found this movie to be beautiful, and to have a nice fresh concept.
you should do more episodes with this theme/topic.
it would be funny+clever.

keep up the good work!

RiddhimanDey responds:

Thanks a lot for this great review :)

MON DIEU!!!!

cest ne pas un actione movie!!!!!uneuneune

i am quite surprised by this movies wild action!
i was ecstatic all the time by watching detective William B. Raindrop, (aka ''Mr raindrop''), solving the case of the stolen escargot's, and i was shocked to find, that the big enemy, the great thief of rowland heights was:
...rumont de batard, AKA ''the french bastard'' himself! le gasp! :O

the part where the french thief throws the bombs at raindrop, and he dodges them in order to save the 2 orphans was amazing. i was also impressed by the car-chase scene that occured after detective raindrop disarmed all the bombs.

it had wild action, comedy, drama, and some hints of mysticism going on...
i like this movie.

do more episodes of detective raindrop VS the french thief, this will become a hit series!

ZabuJard responds:

haha what a review! thanks man. yeah raindrop really saved the day in this one <:) more to come friend. thanks for watching chris

did you draw the characters and the background yourself?
if yes, its awesome, and perfectly designed, good job!

also, i enjoyed the ending and the wild fight between the paper and the box.

you should seriously do more cartoons like this.
its smooth, its nicely animated, and its FUNNY.

keep up the good work, and keep creating cool stuff!

R-Pivot responds:

"a really cool animation, its very good. (especially if we consider that this is your first movie ever!)
it has nice visuals (even if its a sheet of paper VS 2 cardboard boxes), with a good background, a nice fluid animation, good action, and solid humour!" thank you!

"did you draw the characters and the background yourself?
if yes, its awesome, and perfectly designed, good job!" entirely, and thanks!

"(however, the weapons and the sword are created by krinkels sprites, am i right?)" yes. i was lazy at that point lol

"i also liked the humour in this movie, such as the ''this side up'' part of the box, that got wounded during the fight, it was a clever detail..." thanks :P

"also, i enjoyed the ending and the wild fight between the paper and the box." i thought the ending was terribly done to me o.o

"you should seriously do more cartoons like this. its smooth" even though its 12 fps

"its nicely animated, and its FUNNY. keep up the good work, and keep creating cool stuff!" thanks owo maybe i should make a comic series thats interactive as in .swf form based on box vs paper ^.^

thank you for your review!

well, hello, im chris the stick, i make random, funny movies, i draw comics, and also i voice act. AKA=BB10-clock.

Male