View Profile chris-the-stick

968 movie Reviews with Responses

All 2,762 Reviews

another cool redbook movie!
its good to have you back, bro!

i liked how redbook returned, and now he's a... pink book?!
OK, but i also liked how you've drawn wafer clock, our newest recruit.

good introduction, smooth animation, and a funny little movie.
nice work, mate!
keep up the good work.

RealRedbookClock responds:

oh yes, i will keep up my good work as you say.

despite the obvious ear-rape sound effects, i actually really liked the good visuals, and your attempt to imitate flounderman's CC movie aesthetic, which is always a hard+unique thing to achieve.

i liked seeing screwdriver's trip to the repair shop, in order to fix her broken radio.
while we were lost in a sea of radio static, screwdriver clock bravely drove forwards, and it took her just 736 seconds and 2 cars in order to get the radio back fixed!
i also liked the body moving/dancing effects on screwdriver clock, they were neat.

all in all, this is a great movie to see while you turn the volume way down, you tilt your monitor (or your head) at 90° angles, and you see the greatest looping adventure that has ever been created, and just in time for clockmas! (clockmas of 2012, that is).

it was good of pez-clock to do this excellent secret-santa/xmas 2012 collab, and i truly admire him for completing this thing in the end.

5/5, would break the radio again.

PhantomCat responds:

It wasn't Pez's collab or idea. Fuck that guy, all he did was make an account and he managed to screw that up, too.

i really like how you've reanimated the classic scene where freaky fred grabbed courage the cowardly dog...

you've drawn freaky fred in a scarier, more deranged way (which is quite accurate), and you've drawn courage the dog perfectly, while showing his horrified face expression nicely, combined with the contrast of fred's insane look in his eyes.

apart from the good design of the main characters, and of their perfect face expressions, your animation was swift, fluid and very smooth (with a nice flow+speed).
was the whole animation FBF, or tweens?
it had a great pace, and i liked its FPS speed. (was it 30 FPS?)

either way, great work, nice design, and a very smooth animation in general.
you should make a fan-made ''courage'' episode or two, that would've been a great cartoon/tribute, considering your good animation skills....

anyway, i liked it alot, so keep up the good work!

HOwLiNG-MAdFoxHatter responds:

I am very happy to hear that you liked it : D

To answer some of your questions this whole thing was FBF, even things like Fred's arm booping Courage on the nose was manually rotated (it probably would have been quicker had I tweened it xD). As for the FPS, well it's 24 frames animated in 2s so I guess that would make it 12 FPS.

The full collab should be here around March on Zeurel's account so look foward to then : D

indeed, the 1950's pin-ups were great!
i shall also say, that they were nice, elegant and sexy.

as for your cool ''blog-post'' type of movie, its really nicely animated, despite the fact that its only 7-8 seconds long.
your character is nicely drawn, with a beautiful face, nice expressive eyes, a nice mouth (with great lip-sync with the voice acting's sound), great bouncy boobs (oh yeah!) great flowing hair and a nice design in general.

the animation is flawless, with good movement sequences, the lip-syncing works perfectly with the movements of her mouth+the sound, and the whole movements+expressions feel natural and really nicely animated...

all in all, this is a great start, and its a beautiful short animation to behold.
i would love to see more stuff like this!

(on the ''downside'', i could say that she says too many times the word ''like'' in her monologue, but perhaps that's a part of her personality, so its OK).

all in all, great work, keep it up!

doublemaximus responds:

I do say like a lot....I’m trying to work on that 😅

this was a great movie, pecheneg!
your animation skills are great, and the whole animation had a nice, swift pace in it, while the FPS speed was perfect and it flowed nicely along with everything else.

the characters movements and face expressions were superb, with good pace and with great detail too, as every character in your movie was nicely drawn+coloured, and with good sequences for each scene.

apart from the nicely drawn characters, the story was quite funny as well:
it was about how BB10 rescued oatmeal clock from the barbarians, and they joined forces to visit the glorious city of newgrounds...

i like how you've drawn all the characters: from ooo-land's BEEMO to the witcher, who had a great bubblegum-chewing animation, (it was really funny!).
another nice detail was how hardcore+nicely designed were our characters when they reached the rock+heavy metal bar, where they got black+white make-up and they rocked out!
apart from that, i liked all the inside-jokes and the cool references that existed throughout the whole movie, along with the nice details in each spot of the map.

i was very proud to be a part of your great animation, pecheneg, and i was very happy to not only voice-act for this, but to also design the map as well!
i am very happy to help a friend, and i hope that we will do this again soon in the near future.

all in all, it was a nicely drawn, flawlessly animated movie, with good pace, many cool details+references/jokes, and with some solid humour. (also with some very nice music as well.)
excellent work, keep it up!

Pecheneg responds:

Thanks for review Chris!
I have to say that this is very good expirience BUT here are some mistakes from my side.
So according to the feedback now I should understood basics of storytelling. Yeah, some people just can't understood what is going on, who are those characters and what is their motivation. It will be fixed.
But from the other side I also liked the creation process. It was stupid but funny. :-D
Anyway, thanks for help! I am just learning.

Regards, Sergey!

its an interesting idea, although slightly badly drawn, if you may allow me saying so.

the best way to fix this issue, is by drawing the madness characters as simple geometrical shapes.
try drawing ovals in flash for their heads, and a rough rectangle for their bodies, while you can draw some simple circles with lines for their hands, and some basic gun models by studying some pics online (or by doing some basic L-shaped guns with lines in flash)...

when you will have your basic characters +designs ready, prepare to draw some simple, yet more quality-drawn backgrounds, drawn with lines in the important objects of the scene, (for example the ship+the control panel of the ship), and using thick (or narrow) brushes for the background (for example, the sea+the sea floor)...

that way, you will be able to better portray your story, because it certainly sounds interesting, and i would like to see more about this, and/or more stuff like this.

also your sea-monster/guardian/ursula, needs to be more detailed, while it should be slightly different than tricky the clown in her design...

anyways, this was a promising movie, and i hope that you will slowly improve over time with practice, because this is a very promising script, and its pretty original for a madness movie.

omithealien responds:

Thanks.

this was a really nice parody of the ''johnny johnny'' meme!

i like how you've drawn the main characters, the linework is good, and their face expressions were nicely drawn+funny.

plus, i really liked how in each scene, johnny was melting more and more, until he became a pile of mud in the end.
very clever detail, and a very funny movie overall!

good stuff, keep it up.

Passaralho responds:

Thanks <3

wow! this movie was VERY impressive!

i really liked how you've drawn all the characters:
from the black betty lady, to the 3 thugs that were trying to fight her. each character had his/her own unique face expressions, its features, and its poses, while the linework +the design of all the character's faces was superb. the same applies for the face expressions, which were very accurate and realistic.

also, the characters anatomy, poses and general design was perfect, and especially in the case of mrs black betty. her body was very realistic, slim, toned and sexy!
her face +her face expressions were great as well!

the final battle scene was quite a spectacle.
nice punches, good evasions, sweet action.
everything was nicely tuned to the music, and it was truly a memorable movie, despite the obviously sexy material that we saw in here by black betty...

all in all, it was a good movie, with great character design.
you are a good artist...

Cthulhuzann responds:

Thanks! The three guys are named Targo (green hair), Gobby (bald) and Lil Mutant (blonde) I made up little back stories for them but then I just killed all 3 of them. Oh well.

hahahaha!
this was a clever, creative, and quite true joke about the modern state of the ''dating apps'' that we see today.

too many requirements, and too few options.
(ofcourse not all dating apps are this complicated or ''premium'', but still: some of them are quite messy, while only the more simple ones deserve to be used+supported..)

as for your animation, it was good: the animation's speed was good, with a nice pace, and the character's might not have been detailed or very nicely drawn (sorry!), but they had nice face expressions, and the lip-syncing was great.

plus, the scenes where the one guy says: ''dude, i havent understood a single thing from what you've f**#ing said to me...'', or the scene where a lady tries to talk with the other guy, and he says ''damnit lady! cant you see that im trying to talk with my friend over here?!'' and then he says, ''i will try to find you some ladies on the app'', those scenes were really funny, clever and enjoyable.

all in all, it was a good movie, with a nice message.

CowClown responds:

Thanks Chris, I appreciate the nice feedback.

woah, this was a great and hilarious animation!

great drawings of all the characters, nice character movement, good pace, smooth animation, good linework, great face expressions and nice punchlines!

this movie had it all!

i loved how the prosecutor kept listing rahul's ''crimes'' and convictions, but rahul replied with a snappy comeback every time, and the court, the jury, and even the judge laughed out loud!
also, i loved how you've drawn rahul, the judge and the prosecutor realistically (in the end),
so as to resemble a court's drawing of the people who testified for this case...
it was a clever and beautiful detail, and i liked how rahul was doing the ''rahul dance''!

furthermore, there were many great puns, punchlines and funny moments in this movie, therefore making it great, enjoyable and very memorable as well...

also, the punchline/title of ''rahul found GUITY... ...of being a GREAT character!'' was pure genius. i loved it.

all in all, a great movie, and you should do more epic/funny/cool movies like this in the future.
you're good, keep it up!

PapaLegba responds:

Thanks my man

well, hello, im chris the stick, i make random, funny movies, i draw comics, and also i voice act. AKA=BB10-clock.

Male