View Profile chris-the-stick

968 movie Reviews with Responses

All 2,765 Reviews

an awesome and funny CC movie, showing us the celebrations of the new year: 2018!
i loved this movie's humour, shown in scenes such as the one where redbook asks directions from lolipop clock, and the guy tells him some really looong+difficult instructions, and redbook freaks out (nice clock-face expressions, BTW).
another cool scene was when redbook crossed the huge lake of clocktopia, and at the edge of the lake, there was a sign saying ''edge of the lake: you're still in clocktopia tho!''. very clever.
another good part was the scene were the M+M-clocks talked strangely to redbook, and after he left the store, they thought that he stole the fireworks from them, lol! (due to their amnesia)

i also liked the use of good music, the subtitles, and the nicely synced sound in this movie.
(the audio problem in the end with the crowd cheering was a tiny problem, and therefore its not v. important.)

all in all, it was a great movie, really funny, and nicely animated, with many good points.
happy new year!

Awesome, thank you very much. Happy New Year BB10

nicely animated parody of the famous song, with fast-paced animation, good character drawings, and a nice funny story in it... good humour+sweet animation!

man, im glad i saved it! (my vote protected this film from judgement).

PS: for ''who should i do next'', animate ''rap god'' by eminem, but without the song, just sing it yourself, just to be on the safe side...

bucketboi responds:

lol thanks man appreciate the vote. and ill look into that rap god gonna be abit crazy to animate but ill give it a try.

this was a really nice animation, bravo! :)

i mean, the voice-acting of the animal voices was great and spot-on (i was impressed by those nice imitations), but whats even better than the voice-acting, was the movie itself: it was nicely drawn, with good character designs, nice face expressions of the girl, good ''transformations'' of the girl into the animals that she was imitating, good lip-syncing, nice animation sequences, and with good humour too! (also an important aspect of the movie)...

so, all in all, this movie managed to both depict your good voice-acting skills, (and your great animation/drawing skills as well), and to also do it with great humour, thus making this a very nice, and enjoyable movie.

i really liked the whole movie, so you're great, my friend!
keep making funny movies like this, it was great!

OverTheMoon14 responds:

Hey, thanks for the review and thank you for taking the time to watch it:)

I will try to make animations as often as I can.

woah!

this was a nice and funny movie!

i liked the detailed drawings of the character's faces, from the youtube job interviewer, to the female protagonist's face, to the nicely drawn faces of oprah winfrey and albert einstein...
this was good!

i also liked how the girl tried hard to succeed on make-up tutorial videos, on exercise videos, and on random vines+funny vids+compilations...
the ending was great, and her face expressions were perfectly funny... :D

all in all, this was a funny, nicely drawn, and nicely executed movie, full of good moments, and with a nice design+animation in it...

so its good.
keep making cool stuff, and please keep supporting newgrounds!
we need more people leaving their mark in here as well!

cheers.

jcganimation responds:

Thank you so much! I appreciate it! :)

nice movie!

for a test, this is really good...

your movie has a nice animation in it, good style, and it had a really good animation speed... (good FPS...), also: i see nice linework, good voice-acting(its always welcome!), and a funny little story in it...
it might've been short, but its a goodie! :D

intereresting main character, good punchline, and a nice movie overall.

questions: was this animated mostly with tweens, or FBF? (frame by frame)?
also, what FPS did it have? 20? or more?

nice movie, keep up the good work!

alexparr2006 responds:

Frame by Frame on Scratch
10 FPS
For the walking part, I used a script which made it travel to a certain position in a certain amount of time [go to x (#) y (#) in (#) seconds]

some really nicely animated fighting scenes, filled with many cool battles, various necromancing skills by some stickmen, with cool kicks+punches in between, and its also a movie filled with lots of humour +with many cool jokes, so bravo for that as well!

all in all, a cool movie with many nicely animated fighting scenes, and with some really funny jokes...
good work! keep it up!

BMimo responds:

thx

interesting stickman movie, a good replica/tribute of the classic ''animator VS stickman'' movie, and it had some pretty creative fighting scenes+PC commands, while the chasing scenes between the programs of the PC, and the final battles of the user VS the stickman were so good, that they created a unique movie, despite the fact that it was directly based from a famous movie...

all in all, good work, nice animation, and good ideas+humour in this movie.
keep it up.

BMimo responds:

thx

oh man, this was a GREAT movie!

when i first saw its W.I.P stages, i loved it, and i was happy to help with its sound problems, which are now (thankfully) fixed.

as for the movie itself, it was funny, nicely animated, with a good pace, cool characters, and alot of humour.
this reminds me of the old, classic CC cartoons of the older years, and it brings happiness in my heart.

great story, great ideas, good punchlines, and you drew+animated everything perfectly.
plus, the final scene+punchline was hilarious! LOL!

all in all, great work, you have great animation skills, and i love your movies.
happy clockday!

Happy clockday too!

wow! once again, you've created a great movie, pop-tart!

i really liked how you were joking about the ''making a movie about not making a movie'' thing, its so funny and cool! (and in some of my flashes, true).

i also liked the fact that you've added corpsegrinderclock in your movie; he was always a great artist and a good friend, so seeing him again on a new clockcrew movie is a really pleasant thing to witness.

now, about the story:
oh man, that was a great story! i loved that it started as a ''normal'' flash movie, and then pop-tart unfolded the mystery behind the CC's death, and told to c-grinder-clock that:
after god-clock's death(in a previous colllab, great reference joke+continuity!), demons have invaded the CC, and the clockbusters had to close the demon gate (namely, BB10 had to close the said gate), and to crush any remaining demons with the ion-beam guns!

naturally, i was excited about all this, and i was hoping to see such an epic battle...
however, despite the fact that the story changed into a different setting+scenario, it was still very interesting.
it was talking about the death of flash, the death of creativity, and the new age of the internet that doesnt allow creativity and humour to survive on this realm...
and as we grow older, the CC suffers greatly by this.
indeed, time will kill the CC. ironic.

with that being said, your movie was beautiful, with nicely drawn characters, with a very fluid animation, with nice punchlines and good humour, while it also had good speed, a nice story, and a very good meaning behind its initial, ''sarcastic'' exterior.
it had humour, philosophy, action and cool promises.

in short: it was a great movie.

i love your movies: they make me think, and they give me infinite joy.
never change, my friend!

happy clockday!

Pop-Tart responds:

I can always count on you to get sll the "in-jokes!"

Maybe I'll make that movie for real some time... where we get God back. It could be a fun idea.

Happy Clockday, old friend.

nice movie, man!

i really liked how you've drawn the characters of strawberry-clock, apple, steak and bb10, while i also liked the whole animation's style, the design of the backgrounds, the movie's good animation speed, and the funny story!

i liked how SBC was trying to get his ice cream back from steak-clock, and when SBC dueled steak-clock, something epic happened! (nice plot twist!)
the whole movie was well-animated, with good music, with lots of humour, cool action scenes and nicely drawn characters.

my only suggestions for your movie would be:

-you could add a preloader, or a play/replay button, instead of having it loop.
loops are not very popular in here.
other than that, you did good.

also:
-you could add some subtitles, if you want: because at some parts, the voices of the clocks were a bit quiet/low.

with that being said though, this was a good movie, and i really enjoyed it.
this was a cool CC flash, so keep up the good work!

RealRedbookClock responds:

Lol, Thanks for the positive comment!

well, hello, im chris the stick, i make random, funny movies, i draw comics, and also i voice act. AKA=BB10-clock.

Male